If you’ve ever rented an apartment, you’ve probably thought about renters insurance and whether or not you need it. Many people are preoccupied with moving costs and a deposit to think about it at that time, but that doesn’t mean you should completely forget about it. You never know what’s going to happen, and renters insurance can come to the rescue when you need it most.
Below find ten reasons you may want to consider renters insurance. Contact Willoughby Insurance you get started on your affordable renters insurance policy today.
- If you need to say in a hotel for a few days because something happens to your unit, renters insurance can cover your hotel costs. That means you won’t have to panic finding somewhere to stay if you can’t live in your apartment for some time.
- If someone gets hurt while visiting you, renters insurance can cover their medical expenses.
- If you happen to cause extensive damage to the property that your deposit may not cover, your renters insurance may kick in and cover that as well.
- Renters insurance can also come in handy if you happen to cause damage to your home that affects a neighboring unit like a leak that goes through floor or ceiling into another unit.
- Personal belongings are important to everyone and that’s a major reason renters insurance is important. It can cover damage or theft of those personal items. Renters insurance can also cover items if they are in your car or you are travelling.
- If you have a nice watch or dress you’ve borrowed from someone that gets damaged when your closets floods, renters insurance can cover the cost of those items too even though they don’t belong to you.
- If you have items of high value like electronics or a rare stamp collection, renters is definitely for you as it can cover items like that are hard to replace.
- No one wants to think about someone breaking into their home, but it does happen. If the cops aren’t quick to find the burglar you could be out of luck. But with renters insurance, you can rest easy because you’re protected if you happen to be a victim of theft.
- If you live in an area that is prone to having a fire season, renters insurance can be incredibly helpful. Even if you don’t live in an area that isn’t known for many fires, a fire can still happen. If a neighbor leaves their oven on and your place goes up in flames, renters insurance can provide you with lodging as well as replace your belongings.
- The most important and yet the simplest reason to get renters insurance: peace of mind. You never know what could happen, be it theft, fire, or just a slip a fall in the kitchen, but renters insurance can help in all three.
Contact Us Today
Renters insurance is an affordable solution to problems that can cost you quite a bit, so reach out Willoughby Insurance in Buffalo, NY to discuss your options today!